Maximizing the return of your investment into automation requires a balance of technical automation capabilities and proven commercial understanding of modern manufacturing challenges. We’ve been helping manufacturers implement successful automation strategies for over 21 years. Our specific concept-to-commissioning process outlined is the main driver to ensuring our clients projects exceed goals, meet budgets, and provide a lasting return.
Our custom automation solution development method has five main steps. These are:
Step 1: Automation Controls Design
We start by developing a project scope and extracting your success metrics. Our team works collaboratively with yours to:
- Define your automation and manufacturing goals
- Prove financial justification, layout desired ROI, and set a project budget + timeline
- Create preliminary designs and identify required hardware/equipment
- Establish any plant specific criteria such as labeling standards, wiring colors, etc. unique to you
Learn more about our control design process or get a quote today.
Step 2: Control Engineering & Programming
Following design, our team begins developing the programming and physical
control panels required for your automated system. We design and program systems for a variety of platforms and will work with you to select the best one for your application. Broad categories of programming include:
- DCS Programming
- Logic Programming
- PC-Based Programming
- PLC Programming
- Operator Interface Programming
View our controls and programming page to learn more about this step.
Step 3: Fabrication, Testing & Shipment
Our in-house panel fabrication and assembly team builds and assembles all the required control cabinets, hardware and wiring for your automation solution. Our control system offer a variety of flexible options, follow all GMP standards (FDA, ASME, AWS, and any client-imposed specifications) and generally come with the following features:
- Fully fabricated enclosure ready for factory installation
- Programmed and installed controller with optional HMI screen
- Simple design for easy installation and maintenance
- E-Stop push button on front of panel for safety
- Wire and terminal labels for easy identification
- Parts list, electrical schematics, cabinet layout drawings, and PLC/HMI manuals included
Learn more about panel fabrication and assembly, or contact EPIC 314-714-1580 to discuss your project today.
Step 4: Installation
Our focus during installation is to create as little downtime as possible. We coordinate install to have minimal impact on your existing operations, and pre-test all control panels before shipment to ensure faster start-up on site. During installation we:
- Install any pre-fabricated and tested control panels
- Install all programming and software upgrades, also premade and tested off-site
- Link in-feed and out feed equipment
- Make any power distribution changes or site modifications as needed
- Integrate new controls with existing plant systems for seamless communication
Read more about our installation process on our control system installation page…
Step 5: Startup & Integration
We make sure systems are fully installed, functioning properly and handed off successfully to your team before declaring the project complete. You can count on EPIC to support you in this transition and make sure you have operations manuals, training, recommended spare parts list, full documentation and continuing support.
Learn more about our unique 100% spec checkout process or contact us to discuss your project.