All projects include a start-up plan to bring the systems online. Our EPIC control systems integrators work to implement the new system into your facility and troubleshoot any integration issues that may occur.
Our Start-up services include:
- Operation and maintenance manuals
- Troubleshooting checklists
- Component part numbers and specifications
- Recommended spare parts list
- Mechanical drawings
- Schematic drawings
- Control panel layout drawings
- Fully-documented logic programs
- Punch list resolution
- In-plant training for production line operators and plant maintenance personnel
- Continuing support
Though every project is different, EPIC’s control system integrators approach each process start up with the same goal in mind – delivering a fully tested system operating 100% as specified. For each project, EPIC’s controls and automation group completes a unique check out package where we document all instrumentation and test its functionality in the field.
Instrumentation Check Out
Though every project is different, EPIC approaches each integration and system start-up with the same goal in mind – delivering a fully tested system operating to complete specification. For each project, EPIC’s custom automation and control group completes a unique check out package, where we document all instrumentation and test its functionality in the field.
To achieve this goal, EPIC applies fundamental automated integration principals to each start-up. When checking out process instrumentation during start up EPIC’s engineers check for: proper animation representation on the HMI, open and closed feedback, alarm status, hand off remotes, and appropriate values and units associated with each instrument. Our check out report includes, but is not limited to:
- Documenting and testing every valve in the system for proper functionality and alarming
- Documenting and testing all VFD’s for:
- Documentation and testing of all solenoid valves
- Documentation and testing of all flow transmitters
- Testing functionally of all motor starters
- Documentation and testing of all temperature transmitters
- Documentation and testing of all level transmitters
- Documentation and testing of all weight transmitters
- Completion and client review of all checkout documentation and checkout report
Not only do we perform this testing during startup and commissioning, we execute a comprehensive factory acceptance testing period before the process system ever leaves our facility. Prior to the FAT, each instrument is inspected and tested before it is installed on the system. These three levels of testing and instrumentation checks, minimize downtime and ensures that the system operates as specified.
Control System Integrators’ Punch List Resolution
At EPIC, we understand that most process manufacturing projects have punch list items that will need to be resolved to declare successful system or plant start-up. If punch list issues arise, EPIC is committed to fully resolving all conflicts discovered during the commissioning process.
The EPIC control system integrators will train your process operators and plant maintenance personnel to use equipment in the process system. For ease of use and smooth transition upon start-up, EPIC provides complete knowledge of how the process skid works.
For ease of use and smooth transition upon start-up, EPIC provides the complete knowledge of how the controls work. Even after start-up, the EPIC automation and controls group will remain available for ongoing service as well as any needed maintenance support to keep your manufacturing processes moving forward. Click to read about customer support…