A process automation system originally designed with Allen Bradley Controls was requested by the client to be adapted to a DeltaV control system. Isolated DCS was programmed to control both sequencing events within the stripping column and looped analog instrumentation.
CLIENT: Akermin, Inc.
INDUSTRY: Carbon Recovery | Refineries
- Isolated DCS control system with specialized programming
- Control loops for continuous stripping process and analogue instrumentation
- Data sampling for various process controls: temperature control, level control, pressure control, etc.
- DCS had to be adapted to run both sequencing events within the column and looping events in the analog instrumentation simultaneously
- Controls were required to collect and measure data from various sampling points and instrumentation throughout the system
- Historical data trending and incorporation of client formulas to calculate carbon capture outcomes with graphical representation